Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tell Me One of Your Favorite Spots (cont'd)



Since I was new, I had no idea what the words: Pirate Cove meant. Most locals would giggle if you said it. As it turns out its a clothing optional beach. Yep that's right, its a nudist beach. You can't tell very well by this photo, but trust me there are little specks of people on the beach. You have to hike down the mountain to get there, believe me it no easy feat. There is a split in the trail, one way to the beach. One way to the cave. Actually the cave is a natural rock formation, it is pretty cool to check out. And you get a great view of the ocean. Also it is a long way down if you go to close to the edge. For the avid rock climber, you can also get on top of the rock formation have a full panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. The tough part is climbing back down to the trail. I was not that adventurous.