Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Mileage: 2586

I don't usually make new year's resolutions, but this year I was thinking of a few things I might integrate into my life in 2013.

1. To be kinder and gentler - We are in difficult times. Financially people are struggling, also we are in a much worse place financially as a country than anyone wants to admit. In many ways it is bad if not worse than in 1933, but we keep printing money and giving people money the government technically doesn't have. It may all crash soon. I am happy to have my job and I have no debt (other than my new car) but many, many people are struggling. I vow to be kinder and gentler with people in these tough times,

2. To lose weight - I simply need to eat LESS and exercise MORE. Nothing fancy no "new diet" no new exercise DVD. I need to put less on my plate and get off my butt and walk or hike or explore or whatever. I simply need to move.

3. To find love - It could be a person, or a new hobby, or a new passion (photography, art) doesn't matter. I need to give love more and receive love more. I am 53 I have less life in front of me than I have behind me and I want to show love more and I want to be loved.