Saturday, November 24, 2012

Skyfall - James Bond 50 Years of Movies

Mileage: 1,521

This Saturday after doing some Christmas shopping, I thought I would go see the new James Bond movie Skyfall. It had a few things going for it, one, Adele sings the opening song, love Adele! Two, it was getting good reviews and three, it was featured on 60 Minutes last weekend. One way to make a good James Bond movie is to have a good villain and this time they did in the form of Javiar Bardem with a bad hair piece making him even more creepy than most Bond villains. This movie did  sort of a "re-set" you will figure out what I mean once you see the movie.

I guess at the 50 year mark,  007 might need to be "re-set" to garner a new wave of fans, especially the younger crowd. This Bond movie had more humor in it and that appealed to me greatly. Sure, I like a good over the top action scene, but to deliver a pithy one-liner at just the right time, makes it even more enjoyable. Though I had my doubts about having a "blond" Bond, I am warming up to Daniel Craig, and heck I would love to cuddle with him too, I enjoyed this one completely and look forward to more Bond movies in the future. At 50, Bond (and the series) are still very entertaining and dashing as ever.